Is the xperia ion going worldwide, I heard that it was announced at MWC and its all over all the android news websites but Sony GB have played it down saying that it isnt? can anyone confirm or deny?>
Hi, I have received similar response from Sony Hong Kong. And I quote their reply "Xperia ion, Xperia smartphone from Sony, is available in the US market. Currently, we have not received information about releasing Xperia ion in Hong Kong. If there is any latest news, we will post in our official website.".
Sony Mobile has said it is meant to be releasing outside the US, but haven't confirmed exactly which markets it will be coming too. Very little news on this so far.
Surprised we've heard so little about the ion generally. Hopefully Sony Mobile will start banging the drum soon.
No kidding. What the heck is wrong with Sony? They have the nerve to release all these fancy Xperia phones to Asia and Europe, but they wont bother to release more details for the US version? It just doesn't make sense. Here we are, stuck with a supposed "Q2 2012/Spring 2012" date that doesn't seem to help one bit. March is almost over and April starts in a few weeks, and yet STILL no word from Sony. Not even an estimated date, huh? This is getting absolutely ridiculous. They waited a VERY long time to announce the US release date for the PS Vita, and NOW we're forced to wait even longer for their goshdarn phone? Gimmie a break. I already lost interest in this phone a long time ago. Moving onto other brands now, since I desperately need a phone. If the Xperia ion ever comes out, then I hope the long wait will be worth it!! Will be waiting for your review as usual Xperia Blog! I'll be popping back in again in a few weeks to see if there's any updates. To everyone who still wants this phone and are waiting ever so patiently (or impatiently even), hang in there !
The only thing we can think of is that perhaps they may be making slight modifications to the handset before release. Either way, the start of Q2 is fast approaching and we thought Sony Mobile/AT&T would have had at least some news by now. We'll keep you posted if we hear anything OhJayJay.
im actually eyeing this phone over the xperia S because of the phones build lol, i like big screens and aluminum body!