The Sony Xperia go (Xperia advance) forum is now live. Please use this forum to discuss the Sony Xperia go smartphone with a 3.5-inch (320 x 480) scratch-resistant mineral glass display capable of wet finger tracking. The Xperia go will be available in three colours (black, white and yellow) and launch during the third quarter. It will also launch in the United States under the ‘Xperia advance’ name. The Xperia go will be armed with a 1GHz dual-core ST-Ericsson NovaThor chipset as seen in the Xperia P, Xperia U and Xperia sola. It will come with a 3.5-inch (320 x 480) display, 512MB RAM, 8GB of internal storage (4GB user accessible) and microSD memory card support. It will also come with a 1305mAh embedded battery promising 6hrs 30 mins of GSM talk time. Camera capabilities will be taken care of a 5MP sensor with 720p video recording.
haha looks like the go is a little unpopular, much like the active. and i don't understand why. i really have my eyes on this thing. if only it came with a larger battery, i'd be ready to queue up all night for one.
The low resolution screen is a bit of a disappointment, however the overall package looks great (if priced right!)
actually, believe it or not, the resolution is why i like it. i have rather poor eyesight, wear an expensive pair of eyeglasses (which don't really fix my vision), and tend to hold my phones about a foot away from my eyes (IMO any closer is unhealthy). i wouldn't be able to tell the difference if you give me a screen with a billion pixels. in fact, i attribute the buttery smooth interface of the xperia mini series (including active and live) to their high processing power to pixel ratios.
Thanks.... I just wanted to be sure, that it's possible to upgrade it, before I go and buy the phone. My old one is broken, and I didn't want to wait for the Xperia Miro, if this one can be updated to android 4. I really don't want to be without phone....
I had it in hand and I was really pleased by the touch, style and interface. And waterproof is really a nice feature! Like Owl, I'm not a big fan of high resolution in such small screens. I have a Neo that has 3.7" and 854x480 resolution and I have to say that text is really too small for my eyes. True, it's sharper, but I have to zoom every time to avoid my eyes to get tired when I read a text. To me, the Arc, with same resolution as Neo but 4.2" is much more comfortable. Overall, the GO... like it, even with Android 2.3. And price is competitive.
xperia go mobile phone user. 3 days, I wanted to turn on the camera on my phone "camera unavailable" Could you please get the error.
I recently purchase XPERIA GO model. i feel its not most userfrendly like other phone. Does any one knows how to create Inbox, Outbox, Draft folders in Message. Even these folders are available in ordinary phone. please help if any one knows.. Thanks Raja
hi..newbie here... just bought the fon and really love it..especially when see the phone in the water...