Tried to buy an Xperia U for my son (since I love the S so much). Found a good deal at buymobilephones.net. They also said they had it earlier than anyone else. I should have smelled a rat! Initally the site said 4 May. When it didn't appear I emailed to see why? No reply but the date on the site miraculously changed to 11 May. Still no phone. Emailed again - no response but site now says 28 May. This seems like sharp practice to me to get customer orders in before anyone else and keep people hanging on. One disappointed son later - I have cancelled the order and I suggest you steer well clear of buymobilephones.net. I will be making a report to the OFT and see what they say. They won't get any business from me again and I'll buy the phone elsewhere when it really becomes available. Just thought this might be useful info for anyone seeing his sort of thing.
Thanks Mark. That does seem like a shoddy practice, baiting people to buy the handset. Having said that I personally ordered from this company last year and had no issues...