Sony Mobile has released the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for Xperia ZL (C650X) users. The screenshot below shows that new firmware build 10.3.A.0.423 is available for the European LTE version of the handset (C6503). Reports are also coming in that the HSPA+ version (C6502) is also receiving the update.
This is great news for Sony Xperia fans and given the sheer volume of firmware releases recently it highlights that the company has turned a corner when it comes to the timing of its updates. Hopefully, it shouldn’t be too far behind for Xperia Z (C660X) users.
Update: Here is the Sony Xperia ZL Android 4.2.2 changelog from the official website. [Thanks Norair!]
– Latest version of Sony Media Apps with seamless integrated services
– my Xperia application that helps you find your phone and secure everything you have on it. Read more at myxperia.sonymobile.com
– New Customizable navigation bar with quick settings
– New widget functionalities, both on lockscreen and homescreen
– Support for bigger (64GB) SD card so that you can store even more on your Xperia
Update 2: We have just confirmed that the update is also rolling out for North American (C6506) handsets too.
Update 3: If you don’t want to wait, you can download and install the FTF firmware file via Flashtool here.